December 1st Update
As the Province of Manitoba continues in code red, there is no indication that Kildonan Orthodontics will have to close. The Manitoba Dental Association stated that, according to resources from Public Health Manitoba, the recent changes and restrictions do not affect regulated health professions and thus delivery of care in private dental and orthodontic clinics.
The protocols and measures that we (at Kildonan Orthodontics) have taken to ensure the safety of our patients and staff will remain unchanged. We will continue to provide updates on the COVID-19 link on our website and our social media platforms. At this time, please assume that your appointments will remain as scheduled.
It was great to see so many smiles as we welcomed everyone back over the last five months. Our Southdale and Selkirk, MB offices opened in September. All three offices are open. We feel privileged that you have chosen Kildonan Orthodontics and we will continue to do our best to provide you with the highest quality of care.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you have experienced during all your previous visits to our office. This commitment to ensuring a safe, yet comfortable environment has been paramount to top quality orthodontic care. Our office follows infection control protocols made by the Manitoba Dental Association. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures adhere to the regulations outlined.
Please note the following policies and procedures for your next appointment:
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY TO ENTER OUR CLINIC.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time for triaging. Remain in your car and text us at (844) 419-2410. If you do not hear back from us within 5 minutes then call us at (204) 940-7888.
- Please text the patient’s first and last name. We will text you when we are ready for you to enter the clinic.
- Temperature checks are completed prior to entering the clinic.
- All patients and parents entering the building will be required to answer a COVID screening questionnaire.
- It is preferable that your child come alone to the appointment, but we understand that parents may want an in-person update or your child may simply want their parent at the appointment. Parents will be asked to stay with their child and will be asked to stand inside the glassed-in area next to the dental chair.
- We will be restricting the number of people coming to an appointment with the patient, limiting it to one (1) parent only. You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We ask that you sanitize your hands before entering the reception area. Sanitization stations are provided.
- Our toothbrushing stations are closed. Please brush at home before your appointment and refrain from eating on the way to your appointment.
- Our washrooms are closed to the public.
- Unless the doctor asks us to schedule multiple appointments, we will not be pre-booking more than one next appointment per patient.
We would like to send a message of thanks to all of our patients and family members for their patience and understanding as we all had to navigate this unprecedented COVID-19 global health crisis. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused for you. Thank you for your patience at this time and for your trust and support over the years. We do not take your support for granted. We feel privileged that you are allowing us to provide your care and we will continue to put people first.
Dr. Brent Nickolaychuk, Dr. Richa Sharma and Team