Jan. 3, 2023 Update
As of July 1st, 2022, masks were no longer required in dental settings. Masks are still recommended by Health Canada, but they are no longer required in dental settings. The guidance we have received from the Manitoba Dental Association is as follows:
"It is recommended that patients and visitors wear a mask or cloth face covering upon arrival to and throughout their stay in the dental setting."
The protocols and measures that we (at Kildonan Orthodontics) have taken to ensure the safety of our patients and staff will remain unchanged despite the recent public health orders and government guidelines. We will continue to provide updates on the COVID-19 link on our website and our social media platforms.
All three offices are open. We feel privileged that you have chosen Kildonan Orthodontics and we will continue to do our best to provide you with the highest quality of care.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you have experienced during all your previous visits to our office. This commitment to ensuring a safe, yet comfortable environment has been paramount to top quality orthodontic care. Our office follows infection control protocols made by the Manitoba Dental Association. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures adhere to the regulations outlined.
Please note the following policies and procedures for your next appointment:
- MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED BUT NOT MANDATORY TO ENTER OUR CLINIC AS PER THE MANITOBA DENTAL ASSOCIATION.
- If you are not feeling well and have any COVID or flu-like symptoms then we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please use our touchscreen self-check in or ask our reception staff at the front desk to check you in.
- You may notice that our waiting room does not offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We ask that you sanitize your hands before entering the reception area. Sanitization stations are provided.
- Our toothbrushing stations will remain closed. Please brush at home before your appointment and refrain from eating on the way to your appointment.
We would like to send a message of thanks to all of our patients and family members for their patience and understanding as we all had to navigate this unprecedented COVID-19 global health crisis. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused for you. Thank you for your patience at this time and for your trust and support over the years. We do not take your support for granted. We feel privileged that you are allowing us to provide your care and we will continue to put people first.
Dr. Brent Nickolaychuk, Dr. Richa Sharma and Team